Hi guys! I always like buying protein balls or other types as snacks in the stores but recently wanted to try making them on my own. Turns out, they are not that hard to make and require zero baking skills. I looked at a few different recipes and decided to go rogue and just try something and see if it worked. Spoiler alert- they did 🙂
Want to learn how to make the delicious protein balls from our instagram post? Keep reading for the recipe!
To the right is a picture of all the ingredients I used for this recipe. The list is:
- Old fashioned rolled oats
- Chocolate protein powder (or any type of protein powder.. I am using Elite Protein which is a plant-based protein powder)
- All natural peanut butter
- Shredded coconut
- Chia seeds
- Mini chocolate chips (Or if you’re like me, you can just chop up some leftover Christmas candy… in May)
- Melting wafers (For chocolate coating. If you want a less sugar option, skip)
The instructions couldn’t be simpler. Just mix the peanut butter, oats, protein powder, honey, and chocolate chips until it is evenly distributed. I do not have exact measurements (yes, I’m one of those people). I just used the entire jar of peanut butter and added enough of the dry ingredients to make a good consistency. If you like your protein balls to be more on the peanut butter side, use less dry ingredients.
Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 1 hour. This allows the mixture to firm up and set before rolling. I lined a baking tray with parchment paper and rolled the protein balls on there. I decorated a few with shredded coconut, chia seeds, and chocolate.