On a random Friday night during quarantine, it hit me… an intense craving for a warm lentil hummus salad with cilantro, feta, tomatoes, peas, red onions, and yellow peppers. Don’t you hate it when you get those? 😉
Health Benefits of Lentils
- Polyphenols – heart disease and cancer fighting properties
- High protein – 18 grams of protein per cup
- Iron – 6.6 milligrams of iron per cup
- Fiber – 15.6 grams of fiber per cup
- Calcium – 38 grams of calcium per cup
- Folic acid – supports healthy hair growth and lowers risk of heart disease
- Magnesium – good for promoting sleep and decreasing stress
The combination definitely worked and wanted to share in case anyone else has a similar craving for a nice big salad 🙂
- Mixed salad greens
- 1 cup of cooked green lentils
- 1 cup of cooked peas
- ¼ sliced red onion
- ¼ diced yellow peppers
- Cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of hummus
- Cook the lentils and peas.
- Slice the red onion, tomatoes, cilantro, and yellow peppers.
- Combine in salad bowl and top with hummus and feta to taste.